29 Years Lighting Up the Holidays!
This event has become a state-line family tradition since 1989. It began with just 11 displays and has grown to over 50 each year!
Displays can be rented from the Festival of Lights Committee or built and installed by individuals, community organizations or businesses.
2018 is brought to you by:
The Rockford 4th of July Committee, Chicago Rockford International Airport, Campbell Science, Citizens Finance, The Rockford Park District, Johnny Pamcakes, WTVO17 and B103.
Sponsors are listed at the bottom of this page. Click their picture for direct access to their websites.
2018 Showing Schedule
Our opening night will be December 7th at 6pm! We will continue through the remainder of December only on the weekends. No weekday showings will occur.
December 7 - 9, 6pm - 10pm
December 14 - 16, 6pm - 10pm
December 21 - 23, 6pm - 10pm
December 24 - 25, 24 Hours
December 28 - 31, 6pm - 10pm
Hours are subject to change.
Santa & Christmas Letters
Santa Claus will be in the center of Sinnissippi Park to wave and say hello to your family as they roll through this years Festival of Lights.
Right before you get to Santa, there will be a red mail box where you can put your letters to Santa in. We have a special delivery courier that will deliver them to the North Pole. Make sure to include your return address so Santa and his elves can write you back! Postage not required...the spirit of Christmas is all the postage you need.
Santa appears from 7pm - 9pm every weekend during the Festival of Lights.
How to Become a FOL Vendor
Underwriting costs for the displays are:
Build and install your own display:
$50 for schools, non-profits and churches
$100 for Social Clubs
$150 for businesses.
Rental of a Committee-furnished display:
from $225 to $350*
*includes installation and tear down. Call for details.
Santa's Helper Sponsorship:
$150, includes mention at Festival of Lights and Our Website.
Each display in Sinnissippi Park will have a 2' x 4' sign that will read"Display Courtesy of Your Name."
Submit the following to the Holiday Festival of Lights Committee:
Completed Official Entry Form: Please provide all information requested - if your form is missing information it will be returned to you.
Entry Fee: Schools, Non-profits & Churches $50, Social Clubs $100, Businesses $150. Check or money order payable to Holiday Festival of Lights. If your entry form is not accepted your check will be returned to you.
Sketch & Production Details of Your Display: Include the quantity of string lights and spotlights and the length, height and width of your display. Prior participants must submit a new description and sketch each year.
Mail everything to: Holiday Festival of Lights, PO Box 1027, Rockford, IL 61105
Questions?: Call Ted at 815-209-8734
1. All displays must relate to - "The Holiday Season & Spirit of Christmas"
2. Please use LED C7 or C9 light bulbs or LED string lights. This will make your display much brighter and conserve energy.
3. All maintenance of the display is the sole responsibility of the participant.
4. Displays must be durable and built to withstand the weather such as high winds, ice, rain and heavy snow.
5. Participants furnish all materials for the design and construction of their displays.
6. To allow for snow plowing each display must be constructed twelve (12) or more feet away from the road.
7. Advertising for your company name will be limited to the 2' x 4' sign provided by the Festival of Lights Committee. No other recognition signage will be allowed as part of your display. The sign will read "Display Courtesy of Your Company Name"
8. A maximum of four 75-watt spotlights per display are allowed and they must be mounted a minimum or 18" off the ground to avoid moisture damage.
9. Each display will have a minimum lighting requirement of 500 light bulbs. If string lights are used we recommend using strings that do not go out completely when one light fails.
Event participation is subject to the sole discretion of the Rockford 4th of July Civic/Festival of Lights Committee.
FOL Official Entry Form
Download our official entry & guidelines forms here: